Sunday, September 19, 2010

21 Days Old

I can't believe 3 weeks have already passed. We are getting into a good stride with our family of 4. This past week we started taking Caleb back to 'schoool' 2 days a week. Sure I'm home now and I could very well keep him at home with me, some people would wonder why on earth I would send him to daycare. Well first of all, I still have to pay for it even when he doesn't go. Money isn't the only reason, its not even the main reason. The main reason is Caleb grows and grows developmentally around the other kids his age. He learns so much just from playing and interracting with them. PLUS, he's a big mama's boy. Caleb doesn't do well when I first drop him off at daycare and I thought that if he had a 4 month break from it, it would be very hard for him to go back cold turkey. It breaks my heart to see him cry when I drop him off, I can't imagine what it would be like having to go back to work and dropping off my newborn AND my first born who will certainly cry a lot.

So anyway I am pretty sure Caleb is having a blast at school (after the initial tears). It gives him a break from his brother and not being the center of attention. Today we went out as a family to the cider mill. the weather was great, it was sunny and comfortable outside, not to cold but definitely with Fall in the air.

Of course I had to bring my camera and I got a couple shots of both my kids. I cannot express how much I love these boys. I'm so lucky to have them, and they are so lucky to have each other.



No comments: