Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Some Projects!

If you know me, you know my latest obsession is pinterest. I've been doing a lot of little projects here and there in my 'spare' time, not that I have much of that, but its me time and I enjoy doing crafts. who knew?!

With Caleb's birthday always falling right after valentines day I usually have so much going on that I buy his friends cheap $ cards with an off brand candy attached, there's nothing wrong with that, and I know all kids like candy. However, my cupboard is still overflowing with candy from christmas, so I thought I'd get a head start this year and finish my kids classmates' valentines early.

Here's what I did for Caleb's Class:



They are little plastic animals they can play with. I actually spent almost no money on this project, the animals I got on super clearance (90% off from constructive playthings last fall and had no idea what to do with them) the baggies I had from Cullen's party, and I made the labels in photoshop with free paper I downloaded from the www.


And here's what I did for Cullen's Class:




I actually spent more money on these since I had to buy the silicone mold, I got it from JoAnns and it was already marked down 25% so I couldn't use my 50% off coupon :( but at $7.50 and reusable I'll take it.

Another project Caleb and I did last week was this new pillowcase for him. I got the images from a pumpkin carving stencil that was online and then just printed it on iron on transfer paper. I really want to try the freezer paper method I have printed but just haven't gotten around to it.

No comments: