Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Getting Organized... Better

As the co-CFO of the family my duties include making sure the bills are paid, then filing them away for later reference if need be. My normal filing consists of putting them in one of these crazy binders, and by the end of the year it is just out of control.



This year I decided to take a new tactic and organize a little better. I got one of those filing cubes and put all my stuff in there. Usually I have a pile of unpaid bills on the counter or buffet, and another pile on another counter by the back door of coupons to be used. well guess what I just added another couple files and now hopefully I won't have paper piles around my house!



But what's even better? I added a seat on top. I was hoping that the seat on top would give it a better look as I like to keep the bills and filing in the main part of the house. I don't have much in the way of storage around here and the closets are all awfully full. The basement just isn't convienent for putting mail, paying bills, and storing stuff that I use daily.

Plus the boys think its a pretty cool place to sit. Now I just have to make it look like it goes in my livingroom or diningroom!



1 comment:

Rachel L said...

cute idea. I got the large 4 drawer filing cabinet when my Dad passed and that thing has been a life-saver in the paper organization department!!!