Monday, February 22, 2010

2nd Birthday

Well Caleb turned 2 this past week. Where does the time go? I can't believe how fast he is growing up. On the 14th we went over to my parents house. Caleb got treated to a great lunch of toddler favorites, tater tots, chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, jello, and some veggies for good measure. After we had some cake and Caleb opened his gifts from his aunts and uncles and grandma and granddad. Everyone is always so generous and Caleb loved all of the presents.

After we finished up there, Tony and I took Caleb to Best Western Sterling Inn. See they have an indoor waterpark and since it was a holiday weekend we decided to get away for an evening. Caleb's girlfriend, Mandy, along with her mom and sister were able to join us Sunday night for a swim in the pool. Boy did they have so much fun. They have a special toddler area with ankle high water and jets and slides and lots of fun stuff.

Here are a couple of pictures taken with the oh so handy camera phone.

0215001018

0214001705

don't judge this is day 2 and I didn't bother wearing makeup. Oh and you can see the bruises I got on my knees from crawling around with Caleb.

0215001016

Oh so if you want your toddler to sleep a lot, take him to an indoor waterpark and wear him out for about 2-2.5 hours! He slept without a peep Sunday night, and then took like a 4 hour nap on Monday.

So Wednesday, the 17th on his birthday, Caleb had to go to school, after all they had class pictures and I wanted him to be in the group shot. I made sure to make it special though. I brought in minibrownies for all the kids, and at lunch time I dropped off a balloon for C.

That night we made him special hotdogs that he had just sampled at Nino's the saturday before and LOVED. They are chicken with apple sausages. And let me tell you he scarfed that baby down. Then he got to open his presents. He loved his basketball net the most.

Finally on Saturday we had Tony's family over for a small get2gether. Actually when I remembered what my neice and nephew had gotten C I was reminded that we actually forgot to wrap like 5 presents for Caleb. Crazy. After they all left, C kept asking for more presents. I guess he thinks presents should be the norm. But don't we all?

No comments: