Friday, February 26, 2010

Big News!

Our family is going to grow!!

On December 26th, I woke up to this:

1226091049

I pretty much knew I was pregnant Christmas day, but forced myself to wait the extra day, just in case I was wrong. Well I wasn't!!

I immediately scheduled a lab appointment to get my levels checked. After the miscarriage I really wanted to make sure things were starting off right. After all this was a huge shock since December was the first month we were "allowed" to start trying agian. At 4 weeks my progesterone levels were at 12.3 ng/mL which is excellent for the first trimester. My Beta number was 1934 also well within normal.

Because I was still nervous (can anyone blame me) I also got an early ultrasound at 6 weeks. It was so early that we were not sure that we would hear a heartbeat, but the Dr. said that if we didn't we would just get another u/s at 7 weeks. Well we heard one!! I think it was at like 115 or something, a little on the low end but the heartbeat probably had just started.

ultrasound 6 weeks

Yeah you can't see much at 6 weeks but I wanted to share it anyway. I scheduled my next appointment for 10 weeks. I wanted to be 100% sure we would catch the heartbeat on the doppler. There is no way at this point that I could go into an appointment and not hear that little heartbeat. At my 10 week appointment my Midwife spent lots of time with me talking about everything. She even wheeled in the portable u/s machine so we could not only hear the heartbeat but see it too. It made me nervous. After all last time I used one of those portable u/s machines I had to see my little baby underdeveloped and without a heartbeat.

But there it was the heartbeat and what is starting to resemble a baby!

ultrasound 10 weeks

My Beta numbers were at 136503, which again is right on track.

At 12 weeks we had our 3rd u/s. It is so nice every time we get to see our little baby growing in there. I was told to come with a full bladder, very specific instructions, 90 minutes before my appointment I had to empty my bladder. Within the next 30 minutes I had to drink 16 ounces of water. Ooops I almost forgot that part and didn't drink them till I only had 2 minutes left. Soon after that I had to leave to pick up Tony from work and go to the hospital for the u/s. Wow I thought my bladder was going to explode. Literally, I am usually pretty good about going all day but when I got there I was dying! The u/s Dr. took a look at my bladder on the u/s machine and boy was it huge!! She let me empty it a little. UMM yeah I won't talk about how hard it is to just empty it part way! On to the pictures!

ultrasound 12 weeks 1

ultrasound 12 weeks 2

And finally Alien Baby!

ultrasound 12 weeks 3

Just for fun when I got home I took my first belly picture. I'm only 12 weeks and my uterus is just starting to poke up to where you can see it, but I don't feel like I'm showing yet. Maybe that's just me wishing. I can still fit in my pants though!

12 week belly_0001



I am 13 weeks now and my due date is September 3rd. Gotta love having a baby on a holiday weekend! Caleb was born on a holiday weekend and its totally the way to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Agusti Family!

Janelle said...

Congrats again! I am very happy for you guys!