Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PeePee News

I told myself I have to be better at blogging about Caleb this year. So even if my entries are short, I'm going to try to update you on how much he is changing and growing!!

Saturday, January 9th Caleb peed in the potty for the first time. I was totally taken off guard because we were not planning on potty training this early. I'd rather potty train in 3-4 days and be done with it, and I hear you have better chances when they are closer to 2.5 or 3 years old. Anyway its a milestone I guess so here's what went down :) For some odd reason I decided to ask him if he had to go peepee, and he said yes. Just this alone was unbelievable. A few months ago he went through a phase of liking his potty (never actually going though) but then he decided he didn't like it anymore and it was a hassle. Anyway I guess on Saturday he wanted to go. I took off his diaper and it was dry. So he sat down on the potty and just went! We made a huge deal of it, and I gave him a toy (a small one that I had set aside for his birthday). He was so excited and proud of himself. For the rest of the weekend every 45 minutes he wanted to sit on the potty.

Also lately Caleb has started singing. He's always been a hummer but now he is actually singing words. We always sing him the ABC's before bed, as a new mom I didn't know many lullabys off the top of my head so from the day we brought him home from the hospital the ABC's has always been sung to him. We now he is singing it. He sings it with us and he actually can sing it alone, up to the letter G, its quite amazing and he has a beautiful voice!!

Ok now for a picture!! Even though we cut his hair recently its still long and I like it that way :) We did a soap mohawk in the bath tub. It was fun!


Caleb Bath_0001 web

No comments: