Saturday, December 6, 2008

A new recipe...

So I was driving home from work the other day trying to think of what to have for dinner. Running through my mind of what we had in the fridge / freezer / pantry, I remembered that I had some extra hash browns from a previous recipe that I made. I really hate it when I have a small amount of something and I usually end up throwing it away.

So anyway I decided to try something new, without a recipe I decide to put the left over hashbrowns to good work.

I call these: Beer Battered, Fried Potatoes and Cheese Balls

So its really easy,

  • I just softened some cream cheese (also left over from a dish)
  • Mixed in about 1/4 of a bag of shredded hash browns
  • Added Cheddar Cheese
  • and rolled those into balls

Then for the beer batter mix:

  • 1.5 cup beer
  • 1.5 cup flour
  • 2 eggs
  • season to taste
~So I didn't put enough seasoning in for mine so next time I'll be adding more garlic / salt and whatever else sounds good at the time.

Anyway, I dipped the potato / cheese balls into the beer batter mix, then rolled them in seasoned flour and dropped them with a spoon into our tiny fryer. You could also fry these in a skillet if you want. Probably only in the fryer for 2-4 minutes.

They were actually quite good and this time I took a picture! Oh and we had chicken with this, this was just a fun side.





Later that night we did a little more decorating of our Christmas tree, we still haven't finished but I guess that's how it is with a 9 month old running / crawling around.




No comments: